Program runs fine but not running from task scheduler

Problem domain: When I run the progam from the command line it works correctly. When I run the program from the
Windows  Task Scheduler it does not start or start with error.

  I have a console app that I wrote, which runs just fine when I click on ConsoleApp1.application file.  I want the task scheduler to run this console app every ten minutes, so I set up a task using task scheduler.  Whenever the task scheduler tries to run it, though, it fails, and return an erro rmessage

 I have avb.net app that I wrote, which runs just fine when I click on *.exe file.  I want the task scheduler to run this app every ten minutes, so I set up a task using task scheduler.  Whenever the task scheduler tries to run it, though, it fails, and return an error rmessage.

Solution:

Use task scheduler application startup path (optional) Option and have Everyone with full permission to all files reated to app.

After alot scratching my head and giving full permission with Everyone i finally succeded to run my vb.net application on Windows 8 with task scheduler.

As shown: (click to enlarge)

delay is used so PC should not slow down at boot up.




Hack with Everyone: Choose Edit > Advance > Findnow


- Vinod Kotiya
www.vinodkotiya.com 

Comments