Setting Windows Server 2008 / IIS / .Net / Crystal Report Viewer
1. Install Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 Bit from CD
2. Customize the server Add Roles
> IIS > TFTP etc
3.Install .Net framework 4.5 64bit
4. Install Mysql-connector 6.5.6 64bit. Also change reference to this version in web.config of asp.net website or vb.net application
5. Install mysql odbc driver both 32 bit and 64bit and create system DNS connection to your database server. 32bit is required to have crystal report application running for reports created earlier in 32 bit. It will also to solve “The report you requested requires further information” error message in client machines.
6. Install Crystal Report Viewer for .net 64bit.
7. Install Crystal Report 2011
8. Install Visual studio IDE 2010
9. Install CR Viewer for VS2010. To avoid CrystalDecision assembly error copy dll files to
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet
10. Create websites in inetmgr with application pool .net4.0
11 enable ISAPI and CGI restriction to allow for .net 4.0
12. Give permission to IIS_User and Everyone for website physical folder > properties > Security